Sunday, May 22, 2011

Designs II

I've continued the design process and am near completion of the second part of the primary design. The following designs show the process. The individuals requesting the design wanted a ram's skull on an oval (representing a hackie sack). The requested initials are "HSK."


This is the third version of the sketch (I don't have a picture of the first version). It was done on regular printer paper using graphite. The drawing itself is approximately 22cm x 28cm.


This is the same image after adjustments to saturation, gamma, exposure, and color.

After some thought and wanting the image to appear if it was on a hackie sack, I photographed the sketch from an angle, adjusted colors, etc., and cleaned it up in Sketchbook Express using a MacBook Pro.

This image was also selected because of the better line quality achieved through brightness, saturation, etc., adjustments.

The image of the ram was then imported to its own layer in Sketchbook Express. I drew an oval (the hackie sack) in another layer. I moved the ram's head layer into position and erased white areas hanging outside the oval. I imported the HSK logo into its own layer and positioned it. This is final version 'one.'

This is final version 'two,' using the first ram's head image from above.

In addition to these variations, I redid the background image, making a correction of a flaw (in the K of the HSK of the first column).

I'll post more pictures as I work through the exposure of the silkscreen and then the printing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment