Monday, October 10, 2011

On Burlap 3, Part 4

I've not stopped. The work goes on, albeit at a reduced pace for a time. I have in the last month restrung the guidelines on my large acrylic piece, have to (updated title--lower case 'h'). The now all converge on a point in the lower right quadrant and present the basic form of the peacock fan of feathers. I have developed an easily adjustable stencil mounted to a wire frame which I will move from feather location to feather location.

The wire frame with applied stencil. Piece of Bristol paper held behind stencil to add contrast. Frame size approximately 18" x 24".

The stencil is cut out of contact paper and stuck to the printing side of my frame. I will position the frame and apply white spray paint (2-3 layers) followed by blue and green layering. I think I'll use a sheet like a 'rubber dam' around the frame to prevent unintentional application of spray paint to the image. I will then carve a linoblock and print the 'eyes' of the feathers individually.

Test image created with my feather stencil. High gloss black spray paint on Bristol paper. Feather approximately 15" x 4".

After this is complete, I need to find a model for use as a photographic reference for the final piece of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment