Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lincoln, Part II

I've spent the last couple weeks working on my first Lincoln picture. I opted for a light background with a dark Lincoln in the foreground. I'll reverse this with my next Lincoln picture.

One more time. ~72" x ~44" (smaller dimensions shown). Mixed media. Feb 2012. Digital adjustment: increased exposure due to poor lighting at time of snapshot.

I had other plans for the Lincoln stencil but after application of the paint, I think I'm happier with this. I may change it later and I'll post an update if I do. Below is a detail to give a better idea of the texture of the painting itself, which, I think, is difficult to see in the image above.

Detail of One more time. Detail is of area between Lincoln's eyes (Lincoln's left eye visible).

No comments:

Post a Comment